Lost PeopleEvery year people go to the gathering and their loved ones worry. Just a reminder, there usually is no cell phone reception at the gathering. This year, there were a couple of places on the road where Verizon and Creedo could get out sometimes but not all the time. If you haven't heard from your friends and/or family since they went into the gathering, odds are they are still in the meadow and can't call you. The other usual event is that the person decided to go on the rainbow trail for a while and didn't feel like letting you know. Either way, it's generally safer for people to stay inside the gathering, then to run the cop gauntlet to make a phone call. Most people usually surface by July 15th as the clean up crew starts shrinking by then, but people will be on the land until at least the end of July (and on the land means no or haphazard access to telephones). If in a few days you still haven't heard, email me and include this information:
- How old is he/she?
- Was this her/his first gathering?
- Was he/she planning to camp with any camp in particular?
- Did she/he travel to the gathering with friends who have since left the gathering?
- Did she/he have any mental and/or physical health issues?
- What kind of drugs (if any) does he/she typically use?
- Was there a specific previously agreed on plan for he/she to return home at a certain time or at least check in?